Monday, December 6, 2010

The Pros and Cons of Insomnia

Watched two movies back to back tonight. Some people will do anything to avoid homework.

First, Braveheart. You'd think I hate this movie. It's brutal, but hey, Love is. It's also period, and I heart history... so there you are. It's been so long since I've seen it from the start that I forgot that the story begins with William Wallace as a blue-eyed child.

William's father is killed. His uncle takes him in. Insists that he learn Latin. Among other things.

UNCLE 
Use this...
(taps young William's forehead)
and I'll teach you to use this.
(indicates his sword.)

Sucked me right in. THREE HOURS LATER...

Enter The Wolfman. I wanted to let him go. Fell asleep twice. I'll play nice here and place some of the blame on the carbs from dinner. That said, Joe Johnson's version is proof positive that if Anthony Hopkins can't save the movie, then Walter Murch probably can't either. I heart Emily Blunt. Too bad she didn't get better lines.

Somebody tried too hard.


The Bottom Line: I'm gonna hate myself in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment