Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy V-Day! An early gift for you: Flanders article on "why murder is a spectator sport."

As my VIEW changes, due to the move - due to the flooding - I am once again short on space, and face time with my pc. No time to whine, or ramble, as I have no time to kill.

Today I offer you, instead, a link to an article on murder, and story. I found it terribly inspiring.

One of my New year's resolutions is to think less; ACT more. 

I.e., Note really think less. Analyze less. Obssess less. Use what I know. Explore what I don't.
 
You know, SHIP more. 

If the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, then I expect that reading this will inspire someone to write. That is, put fingers on the keyboard and type.

Hey - What do you know- I was right!  

In her article, Judith Flanders waxes poetic on why some stories are inherently more interesting than others. "Murder, at a distance," she writes, is "a spectator sport."

If you were diligent - or just plain curious- enough to follow me here, then I hope you, too will find it inspiring enough to act as well. Then both our efforts will be rewarded. How cool would that be?

by Judith Flanders

Happy reading!

love, 
AL

No comments:

Post a Comment